Lifeline is here for consumers impacted by the Maui wildfires
Lifeline is a federal program that helps lower the monthly cost of your phone or internet service.
- A service discount of up to a $9.25/month for consumers.
- A service discount of up to $34.25/month for households on Hawaiian Home Lands.
How can I qualify?
There are several ways to qualify for Lifeline:
- If you, or your child or dependent are enrolled in FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program (IHP). Applications for Lifeline using IHP due to the Hawaii Wildfires will be accepted until February 5, 2024.
- If your household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- If you, or your child or dependent are enrolled in Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, or certain Tribal assistance programs.
If you qualify for Lifeline using any of the standard methods, you may also qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Learn more at AffordableConnectivity.gov. Please note that if you are applying for Lifeline under the Hawaii waiver, you are not able to automatically enroll in ACP.
How do I sign up?
- Apply online at LifelineSupport.org or print the application and apply by mail.
- Receive your benefit by contacting a company that provides Lifeline. Find Maui-serving phone and internet companies.
What documents do I need?
You may need to provide documents to confirm your eligibility, identity, or address. We’ll let you know what to submit if we need more information to process your application.
To show you participate in FEMA’s IHP, share your approval letter and make sure it includes the information below:
- Your first and last name
- Enrollment date
- The name of the program
- Approval that you’re receiving assistance due to the Hawaii Wildfires (DR-4724-HI)
Documents in email format, or a screenshot from DisasterAssistance.gov are acceptable.
Learn more about what documents to submit.
Where can I get help with my application?
- Call us at (800) 234-9437 or email us at LifelineSupport@usac.org. We’re open 7 days a week between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET.