Prove My Identity

If your company can't verify your identity with a third-party identity verification (TPIV) tool, they may ask for one of the items listed below.

Submit the items to your company as soon as possible. If your identity is verified, you can get Lifeline. If your identity cannot be verified, your Lifeline application will be denied.

Your company may ask for:

  • Driver’s license (unexpired)
  • Birth certificate
  • W-2
  • Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
  • Social Security card
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
  • Permanent resident card (unexpired)
  • Permanent resident alien card (unexpired)
  • U.S. government, military, state, or Tribal issued ID (unexpired)
  • Passport (unexpired)
  • Military discharge documentation
  • Weapons permit (unexpired)
  • Government assistance program document (that includes proof of identity)
  • Statement of benefits from a qualifying program (that includes proof of identity)
  • Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits