RAD Adoption Period
The Representative Accountability Database (RAD) launched on Tuesday, June 25. Beginning June 25, the RAD Adoption Period opened, allowing representatives who perform Lifeline enrollments and other related transactions to register for their representative ID. USAC asks that service providers inform their representatives of this requirement.
The RAD Adoption Period Milestones
Beginning Wednesday, July 17:
Beginning the week of July 29:
- Service providers may use the pre-production environment for testing the validations and errors related to a Representative ID during NLAD transactions. For example, service providers may test the errors that they would receive when trying to perform an enrollment with an account linked to a locked Representative ID. Services providers will also be able to test any errors that they could receive during an API or batch transaction related to the two new Representative ID fields.
- With this release, service providers will receive an error when attempting a transaction in the pre-production environment that does not have a Representative ID linked.
- Service providers who have yet to do so can request the revised API Specifications by contacting LifelineSupport@usac.org with the subject line RAD – NLAD API Specs. The revised subscriber batch file template is available on the RAD Resources page.
Additional milestones will be added as information becomes available.
Linking a Representative ID to an Existing User Account:
Service providers are responsible for collecting their representatives’ Representative ID. 497 Officers must link Representative IDs to ETC Administrator roles and ETC Administrators must link Representative IDs to all subaccount roles.
To link a Representative ID to an existing user account,
- The 497 Officer or ETC Administrator will download the file upload template,
- The 497 Officer or ETC Administrator will complete the file upload template, and
- The file may contain one or more accounts and all 8 column headers are required in the file template
- Values for "User Name" and "API ID" are conditional (1 of the 2 are required, but cannot have values for both in the same row)
- Master Agent values are optional and Master Agent information should be included with any applicable representative information
- The 497 Officer or ETC Administrator will upload the completed template to NLAD.
- If a Representative ID receives an error, the 497 Officer or ETC Administrator may download a file to see what errors are associated with the Representative IDs in a specific upload.