Error Messages Relating to Your Address

USAC may need more information about your address. First, double-check that the information you gave USAC is correct. If it is, you can resolve the address error online or through the mail.

Online Applications

If you completed an online application, you will use the online mapping tool that will automatically appear to drop a pin on your home address. USAC uses the pin-drop to capture the coordinates of your home address.

Paper Applications

You may use one of several ways to resolve an address error on a mailed-in application.  USAC recommends an option that allows USAC to acquire your latitude and longitude coordinates.  Coordinates are required to resolve an address error if you are seeking the enhanced Tribal benefit.

To provide USAC more information about your home address, use one of the following methods (consumers seeking the enhanced Tribal benefit must use one of the four options):

  • If possible, log into the online portal at and resolve the address error by simply dropping a pin on the online mapping tool, indicating your home address.
  • Provide a printed map (such as an image from Google maps) that contains a pin and latitude and longitude coordinates identifying the location of your home address.
  • Provide any available map that makes your location identifiable to USAC and circle the location of your home address. If you know the coordinate of your home address, write them on the map. Otherwise, USAC will determine coordinates based on the map.
  • Provide a hand-drawn document that identifies your home address by identifying the nearest crossroads (or mile markers), identifiable landmarks, and distance between the locations. If coordinates are known, write them on the map. Otherwise, USAC will determine coordinates based on the map.

Several other documents are acceptable to resolve an address error for consumers who are not seeking the enhanced Tribal benefit.

Provide one of these documents showing your home address:

  • Unexpired driver’s license or federal, state, or Tribal identification card
  • Utility bill (but not a phone bill from your Lifeline company)
  • Current income statement from an employer, paycheck stub, or W-2
  • Most recent state, federal, or Tribal tax return
  • Current mortgage or lease statement
  • An official letter from a federal, state, or tribal government/agency
  • Confirmation from local USPS that address is a deliverable address

Duplicate Address

If USAC records show that someone at your address already receives the Lifeline benefit, you will need to answer a few more questions to find out if you qualify as another household.

A household is a group of people who live together and share income and expenses (even if they are not related to each other). You are only allowed one Lifeline benefit per household, not per person.

If you are identified as a duplicate household, you can complete the worksheet online through the National Verifier or by mailing a cover sheet and paper form (Spanish version) to the Lifeline Support Center.