How to Prove Income
Here is what to show your company when you sign up for Lifeline.
If your gross annual income is 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines, you qualify for Lifeline.
To prove your gross annual income, show one of these items:
- The prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from an employer or paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Divorce decree, child support award, or other official document containing income information
NOTICE: If the document doesn’t cover a full year, such as a pay stub, you must show the same document for three months in a row within the same year to prove your gross annual income.